- • We believe the Bible is the verbally inspired, only infallible, authoritative Word of God (II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:21).
- • We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons - God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
- • We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:35; 2:7); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15); His miracles (John 2:11 ); His shed blood (Luke 22:20); His atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1 :7; Hebrews 2:9); His bodily resurrection (I Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- • We believe that by nature man is sinful, that salvation of the lost is possible by God's grace through faith, and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:9-10; Titus 3:5).
- • We believe in the Holy Spirit's present continuous ministries by indwelling the Christian, thereby enabling the living of a Godly life and manifesting the gifts of the Spirit (I Corinthians 3:16; 12:8-10); Ephesians 5:18-21).
- • We believe in water baptism, the baptism in the Holy Spirit, the Lord's supper, anointing with oil, divine healing, and the laying on of hands (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 2:4; I Corinthians 11 :23-26; Exodus 15:26; II Timothy 1:6; James 5:4).
- • We believe in the resurrection of the dead. The saved will be raised unto eternal life (John 11:25-26); the lost will face condemnation (John 5:28-29).
- • We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
- • We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- • We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- • We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10.)
- • We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11.)
- • We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of Longview Christian School.
Final Authority for Matters of Belief and Conduct - This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Longview Christian School’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our school board is the final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.